Recurring issues once dealt with year after year have long been identified as preventable.
What will you do about it?
Marine Protection Systems &
Offshore Marine Electronics present
Marine Protection Systems & Off Shore Marine Electronics know that the subject of cathodic protection is considered complex and confusing by many boat owners. The information you will recieve at this Information Session will help you understand corrosion, protection from corrosion and help you select the right combination of solutions for best results.
There are two basic types of corrosion for primary concern -
- Electrolytic Corrosion is stray current induced and often referred to as Electrolysis.
- Galvanic Corrosion relies on two dissimilar metals connected and in the same electrolyte (sea water).
Learn how to identify, repair and control corrosion on your vessel including -
- Eliminating drive gear growth
- Eliminating galvanic corrosion & Electrolysis
- Reducing yearly maintenance costs
- Yours and your marina’s responsibilities
Each attendee will receive educational information material to take home on the night.
OPEN TO ALL SYC MEMBERS & GUESTS
No RSVP required, all Clubs welcome
- TIME 7.00pm with Paul Gascoigne & Richard Hewett
- INFO SESSION If an emergency occured on the Marina, would you know what to do? Head down to the Club half an hour before the Information session on Marine Corrosion, where Marina & Yard Manager Paul Gascoigne and CEO Richard Hewett will take you through on SYC’s Emergency Response Plan all things Marina.
- TIME 7.30pm
- TOPIC Marine Corrosion Session with MPS & Off Shore Marine Electronics
- VENUE Port Phillip Room, Sandringham Yacht Club
- DATE Wednesday 24 April 2013
Before the meeting come and enjoy a meal …
Meals available in the Harbour View Restaurant from 6pm, bookings can be made by calling the Clubhouse reception on 9599 0999 - alternatively take advantage of our current food and beverage offers available in the Members’ Bar from 6pm.